WAY OT Doepke Ride On Yardbird Handcar

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WAY OT Doepke Ride On Yardbird Handcar
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Okay, this is a bit off topic, but I know a few guys on here have an interest in trains, and pedal cars. also, probably have young kids or alot of grandchildren (Im too young for either!). Please delete if it goes too far, I havnt ever listed anything other than T parts, but thought Id give you guys a crack at this before ebay.

So, I was rummaging through the barn, and came across a Doepke Yardbird ride on hand car for kids. It runs on the standard ride on live steam gauge of 7.5 inches.

This one is in nice shape, has part of the decal left (not much), and is missing one wood handle on the cranks. It is frozen up, but shouldnt take much to break it loose. Its in nice shape, a little rust hear and there, but nothing pitting like. I think decals are still available.

Found a pic of a late 1950s ad.
I can get better pics, I just happen to think of it last minute.

All items plus shipping, I can ship overseas.

I will accept USPS Money orders (no others), personal check with a 7 day wait period, paypal (friends and family only please).

-Benji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 12:39 am:

Seems I forgot the price!

Asking $250

Here is a link to an auction from a year or two ago that was somewhat local to me. You can see how the track was constructed.

https://www.ebth.com/items/2622883-doepke-yardbird-train-and-tracks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 08:25 am:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WAzvhACt2sg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 08:31 am:

Nice to see a "big kid" can ride one!

Thanks Ed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Reiff on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:21 pm:

Benji,
I live in Cincinnati and I may be interested...

Would love to see more pictures of it. Is the other handle/crank completely missing?

Thanks!
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:44 pm:

I have one of these. I made tracks for mine. Kids love it! They were an expensive you in 1955.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:58 pm:

Sorry for the typo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 12:34 am:

Chris R. - It was pouring rain on me over the weekend when I had the time to get pics. So hence the unflattering ones.

The crank part of the handle is there, its just missing the wood handle and the pin. Honestly, you could turn down a broom handle or other dowel to make it. Its only about 3/4" in diameter at the thickest part.

Just needs some penetrating oil to soak in it awhile. I may try to get it unstuck this week.

I will try to post more pics. Im still waiting to hear back from a few other people, so send me a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 10:04 pm:

Sold! Thanks all!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration