Buffalos rims tires front hubs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Buffalos rims tires front hubs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

5 buffalos 30 3 1/2 clinchers with front hubs. Bearings to , Firestone tires. 3k. Can pick up Auburn ca swap meet. Will need couple spokes. Robertaweitzel@gmail.com NO. Rear hubs or knock offs included Bk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

Original, Rader or Minochi ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 07:38 pm:

Steve, out of curiosity, can you post the differences for identification purposes, thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

That question would be best directed at Kevin Pharis - he's quite knowledgeable regarding the differences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 08:47 pm:

I talked with kevin by sounds of it they are rader. But one wheel does look original. If you like steve you can look and talk more about next Sunday at swapmeet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

Rader or Minochi will have cast centers. Original will have spun/stamped steel centers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 10:12 pm:

Thanks all ! Hope to see some of you next Sunday on our way down for the Tour !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 10:36 pm:

There are both sand cast, and investment cast wheel centers out there from the Rader/Minocchi era. I know that the later Minocchi produced wheel centers were investment cast... maybe always...? I don’t know. I have always assumed that Minocchi had started with sand cast wheel centers, and eventually moved to investment castings to get a more accurate casting. This would have been important as Minocchi didn’t machine his “corrugated drive” feature.

I have known about the Rader built hubs and caps for some time, and know a bit about how to identify. I just recently heard that Rader had made wheels too. I know nothing about how he made his wheel centers, how to identify them, or their level of quality.

I just haven’t come across that many positively identified wheel centers to be sure how to tell the difference. I always assumed that Minocchi was the only one that reproduced the wheel centers, and that all the variations were simply revisions of his tooling. Now that I know Rader may be responsible for some of these wheel centers, Minocchi will have to share the credit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 11:06 am:

I know the fellow (Bill Rader's S.I.L.) that has/had the patterns for Bill Rader's wheel parts - my wife & I bought out their Model T parts business 20 years ago & we decided not to invest in the repro Buffalo wheel parts - I'll look him up & see what information he can tell me regarding the wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

I have a few intrested and am send pictures detailed to those 1st in lineand then down the list so be patient

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 01:52 am:

Will be at Auburn California swap meet Saturday. Ill be setting up Saturday nit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 08:55 pm:

Sold. At swP meet

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration