WANTED: Brass Troy Windshield Parting Strips - Channels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED: Brass Troy Windshield Parting Strips - Channels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 03:01 pm:

WANTED: the two brass parting strips (channels) that separate the upper and lower panes on a brass Troy windshield.

See photo below - the red arrows are pointing at the parting strips.

The parting strips are 39.5" long. The outer measurement of the channel is 5/16". The inner measurement of the channel is 1/4" x 1/4". Refer to drawing below.

I mainly need just the parting strips but if you have a partial or complete brass Troy windshield, I would also be interested in purchasing.

If you have parting strips from another brand of windshield such as Rands, Victor, Standard, Metzger, etc. that I may be able to adapt to my situation, I may also be interested in them.

Or, if you know someone who can fabricate the parting strips, please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 09:34 am:

Bump to top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 11:13 pm:

Hi Erik,
You may already know this but the strips can be pretty easily made with the parts available from either the T parts suppliers or Speedway Motors the outfit that makes the brass windshield parts.
Some have fabricated the parts you refer to by annealing and splaying the ends of channels currently available to form the the round sections. I personally found this approach troublesome and opted to modify separate end pieces available from the suppliers to do the job. I wrote a rather extensive article on the ordeal (LOL) of working with reproduction windshield parts and would be happy to provide a copy to you if you like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 01:35 am:

Glen Chaffin at one time carried center channels for automatic windshields. He may still have them. You could also try mark Cameron or cousin Ken.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration