How to Clean & Repair a Holley Vaporizer Carb.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: How to Clean & Repair a Holley Vaporizer Carb.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 05:06 pm:

I recently obtained a 1927 Roadster with a Holley Vaporizer Carb that I believe to be original to the T. I found on the Forum some great drawings by Martin Vowell (also in Langs catalog). I have disassembled most of the parts to try to clean them. The one part I have not been able to remove is the 6283 Vaporizer adjusting needle seat. I tried heating the body around the seat but the seat did not come out easily. I did not want to do more damage with out asking for help.

Has anyone come up with a special tool or special method to help with removal of this seat?

Does anyone have a list of thread sizes for cleaning the threads?

I do not have any experience with vaporizer carburetors. Any help with adjustments when starting, after starting, and when driving will be appreciated. The previous owner indicated that he had to open the carburetor about 3 turns to get it to start.

I want to try to clean/repair as needed so I can keep the original carburetor. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

This would be better to ask on the forum not in the classifieds. Also google mtfca; vaporizer
Heating means orange/red not just warm. Then let cool. Which threads? The spray needle and float should be the same size as normal NH.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration