WTB 1906 Model K steering column

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 1906 Model K steering column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

I know this is probably worse then looking for a needle in a haystack, but I need a model K touring car steering column. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 07:09 pm:

kim! how about a pic ,you never know who might have one out in the junk pile.lol. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 09:59 pm:

I would ask Peter Fawcett from Fawcett Motors. They just finished a 07 K roadster total restoration delivered a couple of weeks ago. Now helping with Hugo's K touring. Peter may be able to point you in the right direction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:52 am:

Thanks Joe, I think he knows. Might end up copying Hugoís if I canít find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 03:08 am:

You never know your luck, Kim.

I found a genuine B Steering column at Carlisle Swap in 1986 for $40. Don Hess verified what it was and I gave it to Ralph Hartman who sold it to a person for $375 at the same swap. Does anyone know who the buyer was?

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 04:44 pm:

Hi Mark, I think 1986 was the first year I went to Hershey. I think I already knew Ralph, but donít remember anything about him selling a B steering column. That was quite a find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

Kim
try Bill Yunt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 05:33 pm:

Kim,

All you need is the tour schedule for "Kelly's Hero's " and a wrench :-):-):-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 01:46 am:

Kim

That was my first Hershey trip too. I remember the Site where I found the B steering column at Carlisle, quite well. It was behind the high building, before it sloped down the hill. It was a larger tent with lots of light wooden shelving inside. Plenty of loose lighter T parts stacked on the shelves.

Outside were 2 part 1919/1920 Touring Bodies which I took some photos. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the column.

So there is someone out there who owned a B steering column and doesn't know.

Here are 2 photos of the part bodies that were outside the tent.......... my jog someone's memory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 08:29 am:

That model S column likely was the one Les Schuchardt had by his fireplace for years. Less lived in Spearfish, SD and I remember he told me he bought it at Hershey. He had an auction of his collection a year or two before he passed so who knows where it went

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 08:30 am:

Whoops make that a model B column.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration