WTB: Deep Ridge Fan - Breather Pipe for 1909-10

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: Deep Ridge Fan - Breather Pipe for 1909-10
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 09:48 am:

Please let me know if you have either of these two items for a 1909-10. Either original or reproductions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 11:30 am:

Dan, I don't have either for sale. FYI, no one makes a repro of the 09-10 fan or even the blades. They are VERY difficult to find, especially ones where the blades have not bee notched. I paid $400 for a nice one and was grateful as hell to get it. A fellow was considering making some, but has not. I am curious why no one has made the blades.
You probably know this, but you can take a repro oil breather. Remove move the cap and it looks like the original. If you like you can replace the screen with one with a finer mesh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 11:44 am:

Hi Richard, thank you for letting me know. I have also heard the same thing about the fan blade and will take a look at converting a repro oil breather cap. Too bad someone is not making these as it does not look like it would be that complicated for someone who has the knowledge to do so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 04:41 pm:

LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THESE WILL WORK, I THINK LAST TWO MAY BE RIGHT. CHARLEY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

I just looked at the one I have. The stamped ridges are larger that both the one in the photo you provided, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 08:11 pm:

No one that I found making the original fan, so I made a dolly and formed these (sheet metal and finishing skills required). The brass hub knockoff is a Chaffin's repro with custom brass bearings instead of modern ball bearings.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

Hi Charley. I have a later brass hub fan where the measurement from the outer end of the blade to the beginning of the ridge is 1 2/5 inches. I think the defining thing that defines the deep dish may not be the length but rather the depth and width of the ridge at the inner part of the blade. What do you think. It does look like the lower two blades you have may be deeper and wider than the others, can it be measured?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

Does this fan look like the 1909-1910 type?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:19 am:

Jim, I believe that is what I am looking for. If it is for sale, please send me an email at:::::::
DanielSnell2@twc.com
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 10:51 am:

I just measured my 09-10 fan and the embossed ridges are 1" wide at the widest part and 4 7/8" long. The measurements on a later brass hub fan I have are .800" wide and 4 1/4" long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 10:59 am:

Although hard to measure, the depth of the ridge at the bend is about .300"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 11:34 am:

The depth of the later fan ridge is half the 09-10, about .150". I tried to take a photo but gloss finish makes it impossible to see any detail from old camera. If anyone is interested, send me a text and I'll try sending a couple to you through my phone.
Richard 916-two-one-five-five-three-one-six.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

my two are 700 wide x 300 deep x 4 1/2 long.good luck. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration