WANTED:Hip panel metal trim for 27 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED:Hip panel metal trim for 27 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

Iím in need of the metal trim that trims out the hip panels on a 27 Touring, both front and rear. Mine 27 was missing this part which was probably discarded during its first restoration. I want to make this car as correct as it can be. If you need photos please contact me at brentmize@aol.com.
Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 06:51 am:

These are the pieces I need.hip panel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 06:52 am:

Front trim 27 touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

My 26 touring doesnít have these either. I didnít know I was missing them until now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:14 am:

Hello I believe I have a complete set here is one I am still looking for the other Thanks again Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 08:32 am:

William,
I sent you an email.
Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 11:27 am:

Steve,
They are a 27 only part. Iím not sure when the change occurred, but sometime in the 27 production year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

OK, Thanks Brent. I guess I don't need them since mine is a 26. Good to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Graves on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 10:38 am:

I have a 26 it has them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 07:42 am:

Tom, some 26ís had them. I apologize for the broad statement. The parts book indicates that the fronts were available in 26. I have seen cars with and without them. As with anything Ford, itís hard to determine exactly when a parts change was actually made. The only reason Iím looking for these is that I want to build this car as a show car since I have other Tís to drive. Sorry if I confused the issue. They are listed in the body parts book dated March 15, 1927 as front and rear lock pillar retainers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration