Wanted: 1919-22 or 1926-27 touring.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: 1919-22 or 1926-27 touring.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 09:40 am:

Unable to reach a deal on a car as of today so one last time...

Looking for a 1919-22 or 1926-27 touring car. It has to be in very good condition, black, and running/driving. I'm ready to purchase... Please respond with a picture and price here or to lahti35@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 04:42 pm:

A couple of 26 Tourings just put on T-bay. Not connected with either car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Wise III on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

An easy way to search Amazon, Craigslist, and Ebay is to use SearchTempest. Here is a link I setup for myself:

https://www.searchtempest.com/search?location=30306&maxDist=750&region_us=1&sear ch_string=%22model+t%22&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&category=8&h asPic=1&srchType=T&subcat=sss&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max&minYear=min&maxYear=max&q=%2 2intitle%3Amodel+intitle%3At%22+%22image%22++%22for+sale%22

You can take this link, modify it for whatever T you are looking for and the miles out that you are comfortable with buying from, knowing you have to get it that far to your home. I hope this helps you, but if not, I tried.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 10:15 pm:

Thanks guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 01:20 am:

Jason maybe you should say how far you are looking to travel to look at one. Save peoples time pointing you to cars that are too far away. There is a nice 21 here in the classifieds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 07:30 am:

And a pretty sharp 26 Touring on the HCCA site. Located in Montana, not a bad drive from Michigan. My shop in Grand Forks is available if you need to park a car in there overnight on your way back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 11:07 am:

There is a 1926 Touring listed in Ft. Wayne Craigslist at $6500. While not everything you want, the price is right and the car looks very solid. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 01:03 pm:

Thanks guys! Its been a long search but I finally made a deal on one I've been working with the seller for a month or so. An older restoration but it should clean up nice and tour well.

Although I did find this one on my own I'd like to thank everyone who helped out. I got a lot of response from my ads here and on the facebook page with many different cars or leads presented as well as many responses to questions I posted.

This all started after I was set to buy a Dodge touring car from an older gentleman who decided after 5 weeks to back out of the deal and keep the car instead... Ah well, I'm a T man now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

Lets see the car...and failing that at least tell us what you bought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 11:42 am:

Jason, glad to hear you finally found one!! Happy T-ing! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 12:32 pm:

Thanks Tim!

Eric: I don't have the car here at home yet, when I do I'll post some pics in the forum. It's a 1926 touring with wood rims, an older restoration from the 60's based on the "not even close to factory" engine color, lol. It should clean up nice and I won't have to worry about putting some scratches on it from use. I'll go through it when I get it home, probably pull the engine and repaint it, get he coils checked, radiator check up... etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

Sounds great. I have one with wire wheels. I love the car! You will too. Congratulations and I second, happy T-ing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration