1915 Touring For Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1915 Touring For Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 02:04 am:

Original stock early 1915 Touring in perfect running condition. Engine casting date of February 20th 1915Ö and I make it out to be around about 10:00 or so that morning. The only aftermarket modifications are AC Brakes, electric starter (6 volt) and rear brake light. The engine and transmission were rebuilt about three years ago and probably 500 miles driven since thenóif that. Itís got a new top and new upholstery from Cartouche. Starts and runs great on magneto. Holly NH Carb. Safety glass in windshield. It's a California car so there is no rust whatsoever. Two spokes will probably need to be tightened on right rear wheel. The left rear axle seal needs to be replaced-- the parts of which I have and Iíll throw in. Original brass radiator in great condition. Asking $18,000. The car is located in Los Angeles.010203040506070809101112

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 07:48 am:

Wowzers !

Beautiful Touring T

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 02:58 pm:

Very nice,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell D. WARD on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 05:57 pm:

If Only ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 01:16 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 02:33 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 01:10 pm:

Was this car at the Long Beach Swap meet recently?

Looks Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 03:01 pm:

No Gene. I was at the swap meet, but did it occur to me to bring it there... of course not. Early onset I guess!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

To the top again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 04:27 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 08:28 pm:

Once again...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, August 31, 2018 - 02:10 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Friday, August 31, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

Nice Touring!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:16 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Cibolo, Texas on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

Glad to see you post on the Forum, again, FJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

ya, june 7th ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Well... I wasn't getting much in the way of any bites. Not too long after I originally posted it, I got a call from a man in the L.A. area whose family was looking for a brass era touring car. He said he wanted his 90 year old father to come out a take a look at it. He related that the old man had owned 4 or 5 T's in his life and had just recently sold off his last. I will always remember that he told me that his father lives in a, "bygone era" and asked me please not to talk price with him as he might be shocked at the appreciation of prices since he last bought his. Well, the old gent did come by with his caregivers and did the ol' kick-the-tires and check under the hood routine. I will never forget the look on his face as he stood just looking at the car, taking it in. I think at that moment he was really, really missing his own cars. It was an honor to have him over for just a spell, to see that gleam in his eyes and give him a moment of nostalgia.

Ultimately the family declined to purchase it as they were looking for a car that was more outfitted for long touring... a Ruckstell or Warford maybe... Rocky Mountain brakes and such (even though it has AC brakes but no matter). I suppose I should be pleased that the old man told his son that it would be a shame to alter such a car as mine. In any case, I hope y'all have as pleasant a time showing a car you may be selling in the future as I did.

But back to business! The price is reduced somewhat to $17,500 for those west of the Rockys and reduced to $16,500 for those east of the Rockys to help defray the cost of transportation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell D. WARD on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 08:15 am:

Any consideration for those West of the Pacific....Ocean?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

Based on my math extrapolating the shipping fees backward... I would owe YOU money!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 03:49 pm:

Cool car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 06:08 pm:

Okay, I didn't want to do this but, here we go.

There once was a girl from Phoenix...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 08:21 am:

Drive by Leno's place real slow a few times when he's there....or better yet, break down in front.

Maybe he'll come out and offer assistance and get hooked.

He has a 25 Runabout....but he needs a brass era Touring car. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 02:48 pm:

Cool story. It will sell nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 04:37 pm:

The car will soon be listed in the upcoming edition of Vintage Ford Magazine. Just saying...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 11:05 am:

Who suddenly needed a kleenex

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration