For Sale- NOS Ball Bearing Parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale- NOS Ball Bearing Parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

NOS ball bearing races, cones, keepers, balls. Caught in the rain at Hershey. NEED POLISHING. $65 for all plus flat rate shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

Sold to Richard, pending funds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 11:16 pm:

John pass along to Richard i be interested in a set have the cones just need both races

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 04:42 am:

Guys... just be advised. You can't take any old race that's "NOS" and hope to use them. Many nos cups have pits and other imperfections in the bearing tracks that discount them from being a candidate for polishing. While some of the parts pictured above will possibly be OK, many are probably too heavily damaged by rust to be used. The goal is to recondition them so they have a perfect, blemish-free surface in the bearing tracks. Anything less than that standard will lead to premature failure as the ball's grind away over the imperfections. For this, you have to choose your cores carefully.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 05:48 am:

James, precisely why I priced them so low.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 06:30 am:

John.. your price was very fair. I have happily paid ten bucks a piece for pit and rust free cores in the past that I can rebuild.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration