"Wanted" = 1926 or 1927 gearbox housing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: "Wanted" = 1926 or 1927 gearbox housing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michel Vin, La Baule, France on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 12:24 pm:

broken gearbox housing on my 1927 T, yesterday, I now need a replacement item, if you have one for sale, I am interested (only the housing, my gearbox is working properly).

michel.vingt@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

Language clarification. Model T Fords do not have a "gearbox" per se. You likely mean the cast iron upper cover better known as a "hogshead" (in part because that is sort of what it looks like). The '26/'27 version should have two embossments on the top to bolt onto the rear of the engine block.

Nice to see another person from France posting on here! We do have I think three semi-regulars here from France already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 07:08 pm:

Michel: Do you ever get to Colorado. I have three or four 26 Hog Heads but DO NOT SHIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 07:49 am:

Tuckett brothers in England would be the best place for T parts for your end of the world.
www.modeltford.co.uk

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration