WTB - 23 Kelsey TT Rim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB - 23 Kelsey TT Rim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 06:29 pm:

Need a decent 23 Kelsey TT rim. Only need one, but will take a pair if necessary. Please reply via PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 06:06 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 06:06 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 08:27 am:

Ron, I have a new blank rim, meaning it does not have the Kelsey inside steps installed. Just have to roll some steel to the size and spacing as required. $70.00 plus shipping. hankpattylee@bellsouth.net

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

Hank,

I appreciate that and will keep it in mind (if nothing else surfaces) - but am trying to avoid putting anything "new" in terms of the finish on the vehicle. It has a certain patina that I really want to match if possible:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

Ron, I also have some others with some work would work for your doodlebug even some original NOS tires. Send me a private email for pictures. Give me a bit of time to go out to the barn.

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

I have a good pair - shipping would be rather pricey as I'm on "the other" coast !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

Those look like Hayes 23" TT rims Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

Someone show the difference ??? I didn't put my glasses on to look at the lugs !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 08:54 pm:

Steve,

Thanks, but Keith is right I think - those are Hayes. The Kelsey rims did not have tabs for the lug bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 09:04 pm:

Oops - meant Kevin, not Keith. Typing this on the phone and damned autocorrect changed the spelling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

Here ya go Steve

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/488550.html?1414760974

If anyone has a pair I need one and Ron needs one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 10:03 am:

Thanks - learn something new everyday !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 02:25 pm:

Ron,I have a pair of rear wheels with hard rubber tires made by Motor Wheel. They look like they probably came off a TT but could have been something else. Hard rubber looks pretty good,wood spokes look great,except one is missing. If memory serves,it was broken and has gotten separated and lost. $250 for the pair plus shipping,they are heavy. Holler if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

Steve in Wyoming,

Thanks, but the rear wheels are sound. Aside from that, one wheel has been modified to accommodate attachment of the bull gear (that is what the flat-stock pieces bolted on the wheel in the picture above are for). Really need to keep that intact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 08:01 pm:

Ron,

I am not smart enough yet to load you some photo's yet. If you want some pictures feel free to send me an email at hankpattylee@bellsouth.net I can handle that.

Hank

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration