WTB special petcock for Waukesha Ricardo Head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB special petcock for Waukesha Ricardo Head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

All I need is one (1) in nice shape as pictured. Have no idea what ever happened to the missing one, that's the way I bought the car. If you have one to spare, please contact me, thank you.

Thanks Jay......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

Photo where, John ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

HI all here's john's photos. Sorry for the delay in posting them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

HI all here's john's photos. Sorry for the delay in posting them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

John, I have this one extra if you can use it. 12.00 post paid. Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

Holy Smokes Kim, I'll gladly take it, thanks a whole bunch, I'll send you a PA. You know I appreciate you helping me out Jay !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 07:32 pm:

Ask & ye shall receive !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 07:37 pm:

What do those do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:16 pm:

They're for priming the cylinders with gas for starting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:58 pm:

You are not missing one petcock but missing 3 pipe plugs! Somebody in the past added the petcocks but didn't have the fourth.

I had one of those heads with the plugs and removed them and added hardware store petcocks. I used mine as "compression relieve valves" like on an early John Deere for hand cranking and that helped. You should not need to prime the engine to start it with that head.

I added Riley Multi-lift's and that didn't work with the head due to valve clearance so got rid of the head. Yours will give you more low end power but not too much high speed. They look nice and add some value but really not functional and can be hard to start.

Tim Moore

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration