FS Black Low Radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Black Low Radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Spadafore on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

My 24, high-cowl car came with a low radiator. Now that the restoration is underway, I'd like to part with it. I had it re-cored by a knowledgeable guy that my grandad had been using since the 60s, so I trust the quality of the repair. Top and bottom tanks are in excellent condition. It was fitted with a new inlet from brassworks and a modern, flat-tube core. Absolutely no weeps or leaks and it cools great. Two things to note though: the nickel plating is long gone from the neck and cap and the new core does not have the internal support bar. Asking $450, shipping included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Spadafore on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 06:21 am:

Reduced price. $350, shipping included. Or I can deliver it to the national tour in Cranberry in July.

(Message edited by Jrspada4 on June 27, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 07:26 am:

Jim, I hesitate to make this observation, but it may forestall some embarrassment for you and some dissatisfaction from a buyer.

It would appear that it has been rebuilt using a tall radiator top outlet. The low radiator outlet is much shallower.

If the core is a low one, the tall radiator outlet will not line up with the cast iron fitting on the cylinder head.

I could be wrong.

Alan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Spadafore on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 08:38 am:

Allan, I think you're correct. However, it fit just fine by shortening the top hose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Spadafore on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

This is spoken for, pending payment.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration