FS Turtle Deck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Turtle Deck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Spadafore on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

17-22 turtle deck for sale. Good condition with an older repaint. No rust through. Asking $400 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Spadafore on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 06:22 am:

Reduced. $350, plus shipping. I can also deliver it to the national tour in Cranberry in July.

(Message edited by Jrspada4 on June 27, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leffler on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

Is the turtle deck for a roadster ? Do think it would fit a coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

It's for a Runabout.
It's a nice one at a good price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 02:03 pm:

That upward flare at the front edge of the top surface was not on the '22-back turtles. That was a feature of the '23-25 ones. Also, the '22-back ones had a front panel which this one does not have, and the latch handles are different. I'm not sure what you have there, but I'm sure it's not a '17-22 Ford turtle unless it has been modified.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 02:24 pm:

could this be canadian i have some 1/4 panels & a back panel???? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Spadafore on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

It could very well be an aftermarket deck, but it doesn't line up with the bead on the back panel of the body tub on my 24. I don't know what the handles are. They are stamped and t-shaped. My car came to me as a bitsa and I'm trying to put it back to factory. Whether it's completely correct or not, I can't see sending a perfectly good piece to the scrap. Surely someone can find a use for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 09:47 am:

Maybe it's for some car other than Ford. It does look to be in nice condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

It looks like a 23/25 turtle deck that has been modified with the older style lid. Very nice any measurements?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 02:03 pm:

can we see pics of the inside????charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Spadafore on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 10:15 pm:

Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy week between work and body work. I took some measurements and photos this evening. The deck measures 35-3/4" wide and 35" long. The height is about 8-1/2" tall at the tail and 16" tall where it meets the body. The curves at the front of the base don't quite match the body contour of my 24, so I don't think it is a modified 23-25 deck. It is also missing the holes that would mount the deck to the rear body panel. The lid measures 24" wide x 20-1/2" tall. The wood frame looks to be fairly new (last 20-30 years). The sheet metal wraps around the frame and is attached with counter-sunk, flat head, slotted screws.

Uprights that the PO fabricated to close the gap:.

Interior shot:

Lid detail:

Front contour:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration