Aluminum case Warford for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Aluminum case Warford for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

I have an extra warford that I have decided to get rid, works well can here it run and shift if you come here. Can deliver to Richmond in July for Homecoming first 500. takes it. Thanks Joe 419-618-1025 Tiffin Ohio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin LaGrow on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 08:24 pm:

Left you a message.

Austin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Knapp on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 11:49 pm:

Hi Joe- Would you provide the serial number, photos of both sides so we can see the shifter and case info, and if you can the tooth count on the large sliding gear just inside the top opening? We would like to add it to our Warford model data. If you have more than one Warford, would be interested in the info on the others too. Thx / Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Coleman on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 01:09 am:

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Tim, serial number on the one I am selling is 12122 the other one is 75938 the one I am keeping , One has thin shifter and the other a short fat one,hope this helps. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Knapp on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

Yes, that helps. Both are aluminum? Can you tell us which of the 3 styles of shifter each has from attached photos? Thx / TimWarford Shifter AWarford Shifter BWarford Shifter C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

A is the low number trans but the higher number has 5/8 shifter all the way up, no place for a knob?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Knapp on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Not sure on the lever. Does the shift mechanism at the bottom of the lever look like any of these 3 variations?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

Tim, they both look like B. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

Joe, look again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Then again, what do I know. This is a "woops"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Knapp on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 07:05 pm:

Hi Joe- Both of your Warfords are somewhat interesting. The 12122 trans appears to be right at the break between "Partridge, Singer and Baldwin" production (which would have a PSB logo cast in one side) and the Warren Gear production (which will have the "Warren Gear" name cast in the side). Can you advise which it has? Does it say "patent applied for" or show actual patent date, maybe Nov 28, 1911?

Your 75938 trans is right at the break between the earlier aluminum case and the later cast iron case. Warford #81965 is the earliest iron case I have documented, and all numbers after that are iron. This means that your trans is one of the last 6000 aluminum case Warfords made. / Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

Hey Joe, I'd like to know a little more. Is this a 3 speed Warford, or an earlier 2 speed one? I'm doing some work on my coupe this coming Winter and setting it up with an overdrive Warford would be great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 10:15 pm:

Matt,
Charlie from California wants it so I need to box it and send it. It is a direct drive, under drive, and over drive. Joe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration