Complete short block $250

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Complete short block $250
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:23 am:

Here is a used short block just out of long term storage. See photos on the craigslist link below. It will need cleaning, and maybe rings and/or valves at the least. Has a welded water jacket repair at the very rear flat part of the block (against the firewall). I pressure tested the water jacket to 45 psi and there are no leaks visible anywhere in the water jacket, valve ports, or cylinders. The welded repair is in an odd place for any type of freeze crack so maybe a factory repair of a casting defect? ANYWAY, it is priced at less than the core-exchange value of the crank, cam, rods, & main caps! First $250 gets it.

Must be picked up here in Oconomowoc, WI. I will not ship it.

Send me a P M , or use the Craigslist email. Thanks!

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/d/model-ford-used-complete/6619499330.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

Adam:
if I were nearby I would grab this shortblock looks like it would make a decent driver engine with just a little tinkering and a few low cost parts re-ring and replace and grind valves , adjust bearings and you would have a good runner hope someone steps up to the plate seems almost a waste to do a full rebuild on what is probably a serviceable engine ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 09:36 am:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Reichlin on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

What year is the block

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

Block is correct for 1921 thru 1925. Will also work on any earlier car if a blockoff plate is installed over the hole for the generator...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

Can deliver to Iola, WI swap meet (Wed July 11 thru Sat the 14th)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 08:45 pm:

Btt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration