Extra Tobin Arp TA14 for Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Extra Tobin Arp TA14 for Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 06:45 pm:

I have an Tobin Arp TA14 extra to my shop I would sell. This is one I picked up extra and I should have most of it. I will have to see what I have if anyone here is interested. I may part it out if no one wants the whole machine. Pm me if you are interested. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes, Mississauga, Ontario on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 10:15 pm:

Dan
I may be interested. How much are you asking?
Thanks
Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 12:07 am:

It might help others if you mention that it is a line boring machine (as in for main bearings) as many T people may not know what it is ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 05:41 pm:

quote:

By Ivan on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 12:07 am:

It might help others if you mention that it is a line boring machine (as in for main bearings) as many T people may not know what it is ?

Ivan, isn't this kinda like the saying 'How Much Does a Butler cost? If you have to ask what it is....

Dan, I left you a message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

Thanks, I got it. I'll wait to see what you can find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 10:16 am:

A hell of a lot more potential buyers would know what a line borer is than would know what just one machine model number is.
Just trying to help but obviously wasting my time as you are such an expert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Crosby Webster, NY on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 09:13 pm:

This Is a Tobin Arp TA 14 In use after line boring newly poured main bearings. This shows the TA 14 lapping the bearings to size for proper oil clearance. It can be seen @

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJRMptqPNB4

I also have a spare TA 14 that I would sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 09:06 am:

Ivan, you helped me! I had no idea what it was and now I do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 06:08 pm:

I did know what a tobin Ta14 was so I googled and received this:

Dec 17, 2016 ∑ 11 posts ∑ 5 authors
I was looking around for cutting tools and miscellaneous for my TA14. I found this source http://www.williamsburgautorepair.com/repair-8723e-01/tobin-arp.htm
Extra Tobin Arp TA14 for Sale
2 posts ∑ Jun 24, 2018
Tobin Arp TA-14 or 15 Owners; I have a couple ...
16 posts ∑ Feb 18, 2017
Do you have a Tobin Arp line boring machine?
6 posts ∑ Feb 16, 2011

Now I know and I know I donít need one. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration