'24 roadster rims .. need a spare

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: '24 roadster rims .. need a spare
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

I have a bit of a mixed bag of rims on my '24-is roadster. 3 of the 4 have a ridge on the rim with welded tabs... one has a smooth rim (no ridged, nor tabs. The latter have claims with capture nuts... the clamp jams between the rim and the steel fellow. The spare rim had a ridge also, but very badly welded tabs, and is extreamly thin with sharp edges on the bed rim... what's left. I'm pitching that rim.

For consistency sake... should I swap out the 'smooth' rim with the jam pieces and captured nus with a tabbed rim? Looks like the fellow bolts are the same and o would just need the normal lug nuts.

Photos of the odd duck bits:

The other rims:

And the old hard rubber tire that was on the spare:

We hope to be going on our first long-ish tour in August, and wanted to have decent tires and place. Along with a spare. I saved the two best tires and will put the best of those two on a spare Rim once I get an appropriate one. The old spare tire is kind of cool, but I certainly wouldn't trust to put on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

I guess a couple of the pictures were too large for the original post.

The other three rims are like this one:

The old spare tire is a Samson:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration