Wanted – Front Cross Member - 1/8" thick material

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted – Front Cross Member - 1/8" thick material
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Looking for a front cross member made from 1/8" material. This style will NOT have a Ford script. Prefer little/no rust pitting, but cracked is OK. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 11:02 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:29 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:13 am:

Bob Bergstadt has a NOS one on ebay now for $95. Prime the script area and fill it, or, use bondo after a good cleaning, and then prime it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:29 am:

I don't have one, but for what year? Might help jog someones memory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

Mark, The 1/8" material was used into the mid - late teens, but I'm not exactly sure when it was replaced by the 5/32" type. Thanks for the thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

Still looking for a good 1/8" front cross member. I found one, but it is a late version with a script. Thank you for taking the time to look and respond if you can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

I looked at all my front crossmembers too David but the only 1/8” thick one I have also has Ford script. I didn’t know there was a difference in vanadium thickness...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 09:04 am:

Thanks for looking George, I appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

Hi David,I wasn't familiar with the size difference and script or not front crossmembers,but finally got out and checked a couple front half of frames I have. They both look like they are 1/8",found the script on one,couldn't find it on the other. It's not perfect but not badly rusted. If interested,PM me and we'll talk it over,swap pictures,whatever it takes to see if it's the one you want.Steve

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration