Wanted – Front Cross Member - 1/8" thick material

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted – Front Cross Member - 1/8" thick material
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Looking for a front cross member made from 1/8" material. This style will NOT have a Ford script. Prefer little/no rust pitting, but cracked is OK. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 11:02 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:29 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:13 am:

Bob Bergstadt has a NOS one on ebay now for $95. Prime the script area and fill it, or, use bondo after a good cleaning, and then prime it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:29 am:

I don't have one, but for what year? Might help jog someones memory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

Mark, The 1/8" material was used into the mid - late teens, but I'm not exactly sure when it was replaced by the 5/32" type. Thanks for the thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

Still looking for a good 1/8" front cross member. I found one, but it is a late version with a script. Thank you for taking the time to look and respond if you can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

I looked at all my front crossmembers too David but the only 1/8” thick one I have also has Ford script. I didn’t know there was a difference in vanadium thickness...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 09:04 am:

Thanks for looking George, I appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration