For Sale 1922 Coupe needs restoration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale 1922 Coupe needs restoration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Gugerty on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

Hello, here is my 1922 coupe, recently purchased at a farm estate auction in Illinois. I am new to the hobby, not sure if this will ever work out for me. Please contact if you are looking for a new project. Car is 100 percent complete, last ran in 1956. Clear title asking $25001922 coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Wise III on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 04:41 pm:

I am not an expert at anything, but I don't think that is a 1922...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 05:26 pm:

You are correct Walt. '24-'25 coupes were introduced at the end of 1923. '22 and earlier had suicide doors. The year is often in error after this many years.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Gugerty on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 05:37 pm:

I looked up engine number it is late 1923...don't know why titled as '22. Been confused for days on the suicide door thing as well. title matches block which is what matters in IL. Thanks for the insights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

David,

Take heart ...

This will work out for you.

Nice score !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

1923's didn't have the radiator lower splash apron, as seen here. 1924's were the first to receive that feature. If the engine number is from July or August (or after) in 1923, the car is an early 1924, which is was what I thought it was when I first saw the photo. In the early-middle 1920's timeframe, Ford started the next year models in about August.
Another tidbit: Many 1925 Coupes had 21" wheels and balloon tires instead of the 30" x 3 1/2" wheel and tires seen here.
I'm leaning towards it being a 1924 Coupe. No matter what year model it actually is, it for sure falls into the 1923-1925 Coupe category. Great potential there! I wish it were a 1918-early 1923 Coupe with suicide doors you were selling!
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 09:03 am:

It's a '24 or '25 model year car. The '23 model year coupes were like the 1919-22's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 09:21 am:

Looks like a nice start at a very reasonable price. The fact that you have a clear title will help with the sale. It is common for Model T titles to have the correct VIN, but the wrong year.

Back in the fifties, when many of them were titled after being bought off of farms, people just didnít have the knowledge base that we have today. My Ď23 is titled as a Ď19 because my grandfather didnít know the difference when he got the car seventy years ago. His neighbor told him that it was just like the Ď19 that his father had, so thatís what he told the DMV when he registered it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 10:16 am:

p m sent, call me, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 11:26 am:

David -
Can you please take a photo of a front fender where the raised bead meets the side splash apron? If the bead runs under the splash apron and disappears, the fender is a 1925, or the so-called "commercial" fender. If the bead is exposed and runs parallel to the splash apron until it bottoms out close to the running board juncture, the car is probably a 1924 model.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles F. on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

Want to trade for a 1907 Victor horn phonograph, Type III, in original box? (I restored it so I guess it's not New Old Stock. Someone had played it a few times and mussed the motor up, so I bought it for cheap, fixed it, put a Victor original horn on, and we're off to the gramophone races.)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration