Parts Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Parts Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 04:31 pm:

Parts needed for some current restoration projects.
1. Top bows for a 24 sedan or a pattern for them if someone has one. 2. Looking for A nice set of Firestone 5 lug wheels and rims
3. The correct low head for a 1910 without "made in the USA" on it.
4. Early cast crank pulley for a 1910
5. Nice early wishbone with good threads.
6. 1910 exhaust manifold
7. Pair of reproduction wide track rear Axles. (I know these were made several years ago and are not being made today. But thought someone out there might have an extra pair.
8. Also would like to talk to anyone with a T wide track about some front end measurements.
Thank you,
Larry Gresh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

Larry,

Suggest you put the year for the wide track information you are looking for. They were available from 1909 to 1916. And before 1913 the fenders were wider -- but the top of them looked about the same and starting in 1913 the fender irons were standard and the fenders were 2 inches wider. Ref: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/550221.html?1436196607

For chassis parts -- the price list of parts should be a good reference for the wide track parts.

And the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/36285.html shows Stan Howe building up a wide track Ruckstell.

Good luck with your restoration projects.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

Thank you Hap. The wide track is a 1910. What I'm trying to resolve is a steering lock issue and looking for drag link, tie rod and pitman arm measurements. The car had u clamps on the spindle arms to stop it from over steering. I would like to correct that problem during the restoration. My guess is that the pitman arm is too long but just not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 01:20 am:

Hap, if my former 1913 touring was all original, and I believe it to have been, the tops of the 13 fenders were wider than 56" tread fenders. According to what you said, 12 would have been the last year for wide top fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 05:22 am:

Larry: PM me. I have 3 wide tracks now and have owned more. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 01:56 pm:

PM sent. Thank you Dan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration