'26 Roadster PU for sale in NJ

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: '26 Roadster PU for sale in NJ
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

I've decided to reduce the fleet a little bit. Momma wants a bigger boat. Up for sale is a 1926 RPU that has a factory bed and an accompanying turtle deck. Price is $14,500. It has a clear New Jersey title and is currently being driven frequently. It's not what I view as "Tour Ready", but a good little buggy none the less. I bought it about two years ago and have put a good deal of time into it but she isn't at the finish line yet.

Here's a run down:
The engine was "rebuilt" by someone maybe 15 years ago and sat on display in a lumber yard. No documentation on that. .030 Aluminum Pistons, 50 psi compression on all the jugs. Solid lifters and large valve clearance. No magneto, recent Kevlar bands , decent tires, tight wood spokes, Moto Meter with wings. The interior is all new and it has a fantastic new top made by Marine Canvas shop. It's a fabric called Sunbrella.

Thats how I got it. I've added an E-Timer, due to having no mag. Rebuilt the standard rear using a decent, but not new, ring and pinion, Fun Projects Pinion Bearing Kit, fresh brakes, rebuilt the front end, installed sprung Anco Ball Sockets on the drag link and wishbone. The radiator doesn't leak, but it doesn't cool very well either, so I put a water pump on it. Good generator with a VR on it. Headlights work.

To me, being Tour Ready means pulling the engine out and apart to inspect everything.. Rebuilt is a very loose term. The steering is a little loose due to a crack in the top of the column. New tires and a new radiator were on my list, also. Having 6 old cars and a boat is just a tad too much.

1. 2

3. 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 05:33 pm:

Email is the best way to reach me.
1929wilbur@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 11:05 pm:

Nice rpu.. wish mine was that nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

Nice Truck Dave, Does the price include a bucket full of berries, or will I have to pick my own ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 07:53 pm:

It's definitely Blueberry time here in South Jersey! We load up the buckets at a friends farm and freeze em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 06:43 am:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration