WTT for a first Model T Ford.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTT for a first Model T Ford.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles F. on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 11:38 pm:

Gents:

Am looking for a Model T. I'm 19 and have just enough lunacy to do something like this while young and dumb. Haven't the cash for some of the beautiful machines in the rest of the Classifieds because I have been collecting gramophones and phonographs since I was sixteen. Now since I can't easily give my left you-know-what for a Model T, it's time to offer another sort of crown jewel.

I speak of a 1907 Victor III talking machine with horn.

Still has the original carrying case. Have talked to collectors and apparently I have the last case left.

Runs like a sewing machine but sounds nicer and is more manly generally.

Restored by yours truly. New mainsprings, new ratchets, and a horn found to replace missing one.

Original felt, crank, patent label, data tag, and much more!

Will include records of course and steel needles.

Correct round-hole Exhibition soundbox, not a triangle hole model cribbed from a late period Victrola (post 1914.)

The Victor III is worth quite a bit but I prefer to go ahead and see if it would trade for a Model T. The car doesn't have to be as shiny or original as the Vic, but if you are into the passing-of-the-torch thing and have a spot on the table for a very old phonograph (and some storage for the way cool original box) then this might be the deal for you.

Car doesn't have to work, but would like it if it's repairable.

Anyhow, if I'm an idiot go ahead and say so. As both millenial and teenager I'm used to hearing stuff like that! LOL

Happy Fourth of July--enjoy Independence and live dangerously at the wheels of your Flivvers! '

Oh, would trade for another type of antique car.

Thanks,
Charles F.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:21 am:

Charles finding the right model T at the right price is probably like finding Your first phonograph hard to find the first one and then they seem to find You.Your best bet is to sell Your collection on a forum that deals with music and old phonographs and then buy a bargain T when it comes along and it will.The big thing is research Models Ts and selling prices So You have a good idea of what you want and what the going prices are So when you spot a DEAL You will be ready to pounce on it since it probably won't last long. And if You are thinking about a Model T for a daily driver in Dallas, "DON'T"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 03:21 pm:

Hopefully someone here feels they now have one T too many and are coming up one phonograph short.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles F. on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 04:25 pm:

Guys,

I read more on the T and other early cars in general and find that it would be most illadvised for me to trade now!

I better give it eight or nine more years...and by that time the T AND the Victor can be part of the collection simultaneously, which is better...

So I shall lurk. Thanks

C F

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

I have a 1915 Model T AND several phonographs...well about 8! They go together very well! I take one to shows in the T and use it as my period correct in car entertainment!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 05:57 pm:

Charles Take Jim's advice , You will get more for your collection from people that have the passion for your selling . You can buy a 1920's Model T with a lot of life left in it for 5 or 6 thousand . I found my first Model T when I was 16 . It was mostly rust setting in a pasture . I asked if the farmer would like to make a trade . A course he said yes . I traded a amp and mike for it . He did auctions and used them for that . I took it down to the frame and built it back after a year I drove the car . It is a 1923 roadster. It still runs today and I am 65 . Good luck , Jim is right the right car will come up , most likely when you least aspect it .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 07:47 pm:

Be careful! They are like rabbits!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 07:57 pm:

Charles another thing I forgot to mention. Join a local Model T club. do a few ride alongs and get to know the group. There are good deals that will pop up that club members know about.some are not advertised at all. word of mouth some one knows someone who's neighbor has one in His barn taking up space. I would not wait 8 or 9 years to get a T If You want one. The really nice ones are not getting any cheaper and getting harder to find. Every year We lose a number of older members who have a wealth of knowledge they will be glad to share with You to help get Your T going. My advice is to Save Your coins and be ready for the next DEAL. Strike while the iron is hot. My 2 cents worth Maybe less ?
Good Luck Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 04:31 am:

Charles,

One thing I have learned - Model T owners have a variety of other interests ....

I would encourage you to pursue a trade .....

If this proves successful - contact me and I will get your Model T to you at no charge.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Charles...at least you're interested! That's a good start! We all need fine young men/women
like you to keep the hobby alive. Don't give up
on your dreams. When you least expect it a very affordable "find" just might pop up. Happens all the time. They're easily fixed up to run in a safe condition. Plus you have plenty of time to do it. Most of us on here don't!! ;)
Welcome to the affliction young man!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 09:49 am:

Welcome to the Model T world, Charles.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration