Not A Certainty, But I Just Might...Ruckstell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Not A Certainty, But I Just Might...Ruckstell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

Bailey and I are about to open up this rear end and see (guess?) as to how much $$ and time will be needed to rebuild it.

In the event that it's a lot of either, or both, I may very well want to buy a Ruckstell.

I should know the condition of the current rear end before I leave for the Homecoming. If anyone is already bringing a Ruckstell to sell, I may be your guy.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

Big Drum or small drum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 04:24 pm:

Sent PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 06:29 pm:

Bill,is the rear end in the picture a smooth backing plate '15 type,by any chance?
And if so,would you sell it?
Someone I know not too far from Richmond needs an unpitted pair of housings and matching driveshaft tube.
I have not run this past them yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 08:10 pm:

Jim E. -- I have several '15 housings and at least one driveshaft tube which are excess to my needs. I can bring them to Richmond. $250 for all three.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

That's a fair deal, Mike !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 01:55 am:

Mike,
I'll let them know!
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 08:27 am:

Let me know soon if they want them; I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for the tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 09:53 am:

Jim;

I'm not sure what a smooth backing plate is, so I posted these two pictures.

I'm not ready to sell this rear end assembly; I will have it disassembled and will know before I leave for the Homecoming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 10:10 am:

Yours appear to be '16 to around '19 housings with the "reinforcement ribs" around the brake anchor hole and below it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 03:13 pm:

Bill -- Here is a '15 rear end housing. Note that there are no reinforcing ribs, which are on the '16 and later ones.

re

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration