FS 1912 7 Rivet Model T Ford Oil Pan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1912 7 Rivet Model T Ford Oil Pan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 05:48 pm:

Appears to be in good condition. Someone has tacked on a pair of 26-27 oil pan supports as seen in pictures, May need to be straightened. More pictures upon request. $1100 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

Sent a PM , Dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By t med on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 06:32 am:

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 09:13 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 01:51 pm:

Hi Curt, what do you mean be 7 rivets? and where. Thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 03:35 pm:

James 7 rivet is referencing how many rivets are holding on the pan ears that attach to the frame. The early pans have 7 rivets per ear, and then this was changed to three rivets later on. Judging from the pictures this pan seems to be a clone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig E. Luton on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

Mike; When did they change from 7 rivets to 3 rivets? Thanks Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Craig, 1912 was about the last year for the 7 rivet pans depending on the month. Mark Herdman did an excellent job on writing some articles on the pan changes. You can search for it through the forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 04:35 pm:

Here are the articles:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/356164.html?1366445246

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/356250.html?1366445992

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/356346.html?1366342371

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

Jim. The 7 rivets are the number of rivets that attach each of the arms on the pan body. The above referenced threads are a very good guide on the differences in the early oil pans. I have 18 pics of most all aspects of this pan. If you or anyone else would like to see them send me a message and I would be happy to send them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 08:58 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Hi Mike, I am wondering why you think its a clone. It looks like the real thing from what I see. Of course I can't see much of the arms, but the nose and end pieces look right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 08:05 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 11:23 am:

Richard, the only reason why I said that is the nose piece. From the close up pictures of the nose piece it looks like material was added/built up to make it come around the hole. The material looks rough as if someone was grinding on it, of course this could have been from a repair, I'm not sure. From looking at my 12 pan the front piece casting is one piece that lays on top of the hole. Since this is not mine I can't speak for Curt, just what I saw. I in no way wish to cast doubt on another members parts, just an observation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 11:25 pm:

Ford was none too neat when it came to brazing the nose and arms on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 04:09 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:08 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 08:18 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 09:18 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 08:29 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 07:47 pm:

Btt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curt hinkle on Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 12:25 pm:

Btt.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration