Wanted distributor cap for stutz dual distributor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted distributor cap for stutz dual distributor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 12:25 am:

Need a cap and rotor for a stutz dual distributor.

Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 05:50 am:

I believe you can modify early ww2 Jeep distributor caps to fit and work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 10:06 am:

Here’s a pic of the Jeep cap, or you can expand your search for a 1920s era delco, used on 4 cylinder Nash etc.that may be a direct replacement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 10:09 am:

As a last resort, you can have some made through a place like this.
http://www.antiquedistributorcaps.com/Custom_Cap_Inquiry.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Dan, give me a call, I have new caps, points and rotors for your distributor. 402-359-5762 I tried to load pictures and they are too big

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

Daniel,
Was this just purchased on ebay? If so it has 5202 stamped on the side. This is the part number of Pierce-Arrow for 1919-1920 and started life as a 6 cylinder unit. Have you checked the point cam for 4 lobes or is it 6? The gear ratio from the input shaft to the vertical shafts should be 2 to 1 for a 4 cylinder unit or 3 to 1 for a 6 cylinder. It could be that 4 cylinder parts were put in a reused 6 cylinder case but more likely a 4 cylinder distributor cap set on a 6 cylinder distributor unit. 4,6 and 8 cylinder distributor caps all had the same mounting dimensions so will set right on.
Not an answer to your question,but hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

Layden, pierce Arrow also made the same unit in 4 cylinders for their trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

Delco made these units and sold them to Pierce and Stutz along with other electrical equipment. The 4 cylinder one for a Pierce truck is marked 5225.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Leach on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 03:35 pm:

Ed may be correct about the jeep distributor cap & rotor I have made the mid 60s cap & rotor fit thomas distributors with a little machine work.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration