T-head engine for sale, 1911 Maxwell Model I, great for a speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: T-head engine for sale, 1911 Maxwell Model I, great for a speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Daniello on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 06:02 pm:

I Have a 1911 Maxwell model I engine for sale, would make a great piece around which to construct a speedster. 4" x 4" T-head with 3 speed progressive shift transmission. Not the sort of engine that you see every day. Have the manifolds, oil pump, etc. Unfortunately missing one rod (model a rods may work?). Transmission gears look good. It appears that this was in a car in modern times. It is just the way I got it. Bought it as I thought there would be parts interchangeability with another model, but no such luck. Sorry for the poor photos, the light is bad in that section of the barn. It is in the way, would like it to find a new home. Looking for $2000 or near offer. Located in MA.

PS. Photos are too big for this forum, see:
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/311100-1911-model-i-enginetransmission-for-sale/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 03:57 am:

Hi Robert. I own a 1911 Model I Maxwell touring car. Tried to see your photos on the link but it doesn't show them.
Would be interesting to see what you have.
Todd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Daniello on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

This engine is still available, lots of curiosity but no buyers yet. I would like to have it out before winter. It can be yours for $1500. Email me for photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By frank cannella jr. on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

sent a private message

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration