OT but old car--$700 curved dash project alert!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OT but old car--$700 curved dash project alert!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles F. on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

Not mine and too far gone for me to mess with but I found this car on Craigslist listed only as "Horseless Carriage--$700." It's in Winston Salem, NC.

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/atq/d/horseless-carriage/6624407111.html

Maybe some of you fellows could tell if it's a replica or the real deal. Rambler or Olds? What Is It???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 07:45 pm:

Replica CDO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 10:47 pm:

"(serious inquiries)"? Seriously? For what it is, in THAT condition? I doubt that it is worth fifty dollars!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 08:39 am:

I think the guy is looking for someone with a 3 foot white stick hanging out of their backside. A sucker I think they call them.
That is about 50 bucks worth of parts.
The springs are what I am looking at for that much.The rear axle maby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 08:59 am:

That is a remnant of a “Merry Olds” replica made in the 50s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 09:02 am:

It used a cushman scooter motor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 04:39 am:

You guys are being too harsh. It looks like a great start to an oldmobile replica. $700 might work out a bit more in my country, but i don't think i could find the springs, axles and transmission bits for that much down here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration