FOR SALE; TWO COMPLETE 25 MOTORS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE; TWO COMPLETE 25 MOTORS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 02:41 am:

26 Motors $400.00 ea. Walk Ins only.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 11:02 am:

I made a mistake in the title above they are 26 motors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Werner Straube on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 03:56 pm:

Hello Dave,
I live in Germany and repair model T engines since 1996. I do it for friends and acquaintances from the model T circle of friends. The German companies for motor repair can Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar but no Ford T models. I make the engines as Ford recommends in the repair instructions and have had very good experiences with them. The German companies give all too much clearance for main bearings and connecting rod bearings, as one should do only for engines with pressure lubrication.Thus the motors are defective again after a short time. I want to make a training in the spring of 2019 with up to 8 participants bring a motor for repair or purchase such from me. We will disassemble all engines, prepare a log of necessary work and scrape rod bearings and main bearings on the 2nd and 3rd day. Engines that need to be repaired in parts with instructions on what to do in workshops given to drill cranks, etc .. But only if necessary. This saves costs.
For this training I would like to buy your two 1926er engines. My shipper is based in Wetfield, NJ 07090. The engines would have to be sent there. One motor or both on a pallet with a forwarding agency. What would it cost? and could you do that for me?
best regards
Werner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 12:04 am:

Warner I am in the process of buying out a collection of T parts including I think maybe 6 or 8 motors from an estate. Some of the motors are 18. If I do decide to ship a couple of motors it would be earlier than 1926. By the way if all you need for your seminar is blocks the last time I counted mine I have 50 blocks. If you have the other parts it seems to me that it would be a lot cheaper to just send a couple of blocks. If you have any questions please let me know.
thanks for the interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 12:06 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 06:54 am:

Only one complete motor for sale now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Werner Straube on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

Hello Dave,
It is good to have a complete engine, with a rotatable crankshaft, as the basis of a restoration. Often, the crankshaft only needs to be straightened and the main bearings are scraped. This is too expensive because of the time at a repair shop, but if you do it yourself, it works well and is not expensive. This is the method that Ford described until 1926. I therefore prefer to get complete engines, which rotate and have not lain years in the field. The problem is the transport. How will the engines get from you to Westfield, NJ 07090?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 10:46 pm:

Both motors have been spoken for

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration