High Flow NH Float Valves with Viton tips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: High Flow NH Float Valves with Viton tips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

I made some for my cars and was so pleased, that I decided to make a few more. I have 5 for sale. If they sell, there may be more. Or there may not, we'll see, as there are no end to projects in the shop. They don't cure baldness or make your kids smarter, but they do FLOW fuel through the enlarged .125 orifice (as original) and seal beautifully.

$25 plus postage (I will know postage in a couple of days)

I generally respond to PM's only

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 08:48 am:

Only one valve left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 10:17 am:

Scott: You should consider making more. .125 is correct. I know you would sell a lot of them. I'm sure Langs would be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

Larry, you may be right.

To all: They have sold out but will take orders prioritized by response and am planning a limited run in the next few weeks.

PM to be put on the list.

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

I will take 4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 02:41 pm:

Larry : You should consider making the original style again,,,,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

Can't tell from the pics, Scott. Are they steel tips inserted in a brass body or are they all steel? The ones I have made I ground on my Snap On valve grinder -- which bit the dust a year or so ago -- and I just turned them out of tool steel and hardened them, ground the tips. Worked fine but time consuming to do them one at a time.

I think you could sell a lot of those if you made a run of them. The last ones that were made all leaked, I still have several I got from Lang's that were cut on a form cutter instead of a ground tip.

Put me on the "someday list" for a couple of them.

Good Job!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

Only thing I can see you might want to do is source some gaskets of the correct hardness. The red fiber ones are too hard to seal against the bottom of the seat boss many times. Black .060 fiber would work well. I make mine out of .032 lead sheet but it's not original, the black fiber would be.

McMaster Carr has a great gasket material package for about $15 that has a lot of gasket material unavailable from most sources. Soft and hard material, many thicknesses. Invaluable for a shop.

I no longer do NH's BTW.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

Hi Stan

the tips are Viton

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration