WTB - crankshaft

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB - crankshaft
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 09:08 pm:

Joined "that" club today, so I'm going to need a good crankshaft. Block is 1924.

Thanks,
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 12:52 am:

Chris give me a shout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 03:36 am:

Chris, you may want more than 1. We currently have the fifth one at the machine shop for crack testing. The original, and four others I sent were all cracked. All sounded well when subjected to the ring test. Two are cracked around the flange at the rear and three in the throws.

Best of luck.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

send erik barrett a p m he has megged and ground ready to go

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 10:25 am:

I have a 26/276 crank rebuilt back to standard I will sell. Pm me Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 10:32 am:

Thanks for replies. I'm pulling the motor so I can measure it up and see what I really need. I'd like to avoid re-babbitting if I can. Unfortunately, this hit me in the middle of a kitchen renovation project, and my employer expects me to work once in a while, so it will be a couple of days.

thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration