Looking for a z high compression model t head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking for a z high compression model t head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric schaefer on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 10:05 am:

cracked my 1922 model t head. looking to replace with a z high compression head. let me know if anyone has one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric schaefer on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

or any high compression head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 10:02 am:

You may not want a used Z head. They corrode out paper-thin on the inside and leak real quick if they havenít been properly taken care of. (OR Just make sure you see it before you buy it)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

I bought a used Reeder Head. I had it milled flat and for a while it worked fine. After a couple of years it leaked around the large hole between cylinders 2 and 3. So it was milled again. Again it last a year or so then leaked again. I tried a third time, milled flat within a thou and after a year or so it leaked again. I sold it for $50, explaining the problem.
I bought a Prius and have been VERY Satisfied for the last three years.
I think the Reeder head material was too soft or too thin.
Just be careful.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration