OT FS 1928 Mod A Briggs body cowl with left cowl vent

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OT FS 1928 Mod A Briggs body cowl with left cowl vent
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

See if any club members are interested before it goes elsewhere. From what I understand these were sheetmetal over wood and only made for a short time. It has the left cowl vent although not pictured directly. Great for a wood-bodied station wagon,depot hack and the like. What you see is all I have. Had a 3/8" rod across the posts,must have been wobbley. Tank looks okay but hasn't been tested. Bottom sheetmetal has some knife edge,couple pinholes but generally pretty solid. Priced at $275 and would prefer it be picked up. Paypal or check,please PM me if interested. picturepicturepicturepicturepicturepicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

The windshield frame is in good condition but not attached,just sitting on cowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 01:10 pm:

Nice cowl. Model A bodies had wood subframe throughout all 4 years of production (regardless of whether they were Briggs or Murray-made). Sill plates look great on that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

The 4 door (except slant windshield), cabriolet, 400A and Victoria had wood sills the rest were metal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 05:01 pm:

Adding pic of the cowl side vent. It will need some penetrating oil to open. Most of the basic info I posted about it came from the previous owner. Comments from others are welcomed,so thanks Mark and Ron. I would take $225 for it and no giant rush to get it out of here if that helps with any decision making on it. We have a little rodeo starting today and running for the next week known as Cheyenne Frontier Days,The Daddy of Them All,maybe someone you know is coming and could haul it home for some gas money.picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Zwicker on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 08:25 pm:

The left side cowl vent was used for only a few months on the early 1928 Fordors.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration