WTB GOOD TALL RADIATOR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB GOOD TALL RADIATOR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 07:45 pm:

Found out today that my 1927 needs a new radiator. Desperately.

Anyone have a GOOD, NO OR MINIMAL LEAK TALL radiator laying around? An old Berg's or brassworks maybe? And old one that works great?

Need a radiator that will cool, just want to see what's out there before spending the money on new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:28 pm:

There's usually a reason used radiators come available - mostly, they've lost their ability to "cool" !

I've relayed to my customers for years - step up & replace the radiator & gas tank and you'll be 90% ahead of the game !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:58 pm:

Fully agree Steve.really just seeing if there's any one else with an oldd Berg's or brassworks one that they just never used for some reason, or maybe one with something minor wrong but cools, etc. Just seeing what's out there first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 09:32 pm:

John,

I have some that have been to the shop, are fully check out, and stored in bags. Email me young man @ hankpattylee@bellsouth.net

Hank in Tin-A-See

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 07:20 am:

Henry, PM sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 11:26 am:

And a good used radiator is 30 to 90 years old and worth about $100 less than a new one...

In nearly 20 years of working on Tís and selling parts, my top two parts requests are for good used radiators and good used clincher tires. The average expectation seems to be that good used radiators should be available for around $100 and good used clincher tires with 50% or less tread wear should be around $15. Except in very very rare cases, these items donít exist!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 11:41 am:

Adam, I have absolutely no problem paying a few hundred for a good used radiator, as long as it cools. There's a difference between $400 and $1000 !

Once again, I just am seeing what's out there before I buy new.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration