Wanted - Fuel Shut Off Valve

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted - Fuel Shut Off Valve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

I am looking for one of the carburetor fuel shutoff valves pictured below. It has been on backorder from the vendors for a while.

Please contact me via PM. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

Dan,

I have some extra Antique Ford Parts # T-2915 or Lang's Catalog # 6055RE Made in the USA with packing nut and gland. Does this help or are you stuck on the tear drop design?

Hank

contact via hankpattylee@bellsouth.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

The style Dan's photo shows is a much better design as it can be easily disassembled to clean & lube much like an original type petcock - the style you are referring to have a nasty tendency to "stick" bad after not to much use ! I have several of the "not as good" type I'd give away for the cost of postage !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:32 pm:

Dan, you might try an Auto Parts store, like Napa, they may have the valve in question.

best regards,

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

ACE may have it too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:01 am:

Thanks for the suggestions but like Steve says, the one pictured above can be maintained and it retains the appearance of an original type valve. I think they are casted by Bob Scherzer.

Back to the original question. Does anyone have one of the valves pictured above that they would part with?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:16 am:

When Bob started making these the plug went down into the body much further. They keep creeping up for some reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:26 am:

Youíre right. Maybe as a way to take up for wear over time? Depending on how strict you are, it gets moved a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

Iíve found a valve. Thanks MTFCA!

Also for anyone who may be interested, I have good information that more are being produced and on their way soon. However, they sell quick so you may want to get on a waiting list.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration