WTB '24 open car windshield wingnuts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB '24 open car windshield wingnuts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:37 pm:

WTB '24 open car windshield wingnuts

Apparently, misplaced mine when I pulled the windshield out of my '24 to replace the glass.

Would rather have decent beaters than new ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:57 pm:

Canceled.... sourced a set.
Thanks, MTFCA!

Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

Glad you got them! The reproductions of these wingnuts are functional, but not very faithful to the originals.

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 09:26 am:

Glad I found some originals!

Thanks for the info.

On a '24... I assume they should be painted black? ... or should they be left brass?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 09:44 am:

They should be nickel plated. If the nickel on yours has worn off, buff them and re-plate them with a Caswell home nickel plating kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caswell-Plug-N-Plate-Electroplating-Plug-N-Plate-Black- Nickel-Kit/292012949119?hash=item43fd53fe7f%3Ag%3A69kAAOSwIhFa6Kl8%3Asc%3AUSPSPr iority%2163050%21US%21-1&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=nickel+plating+kit&_from=R40&rt=n c

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 10:21 am:

Ford used those from 22-35.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration