1923 Ford Runabout For Sale (Houston, Texas)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1923 Ford Runabout For Sale (Houston, Texas)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

This listing is for a 1923 Ford Model T Runabout located in Houston (Kingwood), Texas. Here are some particulars about the car:

• The engine number is 6577322, which implies that this is an early 1923 car.
• I have a clear Texas title that is in my name.
• When I acquired the vehicle, I replaced all five tires with brand new Wards Riversides. The demountable spare with its tire is not shown in the photos.
• I have not restored the car, but have enjoyed driving it around the neighborhood as-is. The car runs and steers well. The brake bands were recently changed to Kevlar. The car leaks oil. I have also replaced the front spindles. The lights and horn work fine. The radiator is older but functioning in the Texas heat. No water pump.
• Speedometer works. Odometer works.
• The paint work, as seen in the photos, is quite old and showing lots of aging (some call it patina...).
• The upholstery is serviceable and the top is in good shape.
• The interior door panels are very worn. The passenger door shuts, but is difficult to latch. When closed, door is not flush with body.
• The battery is 8 volt. Runs on magneto. Starts on battery.

It is time to let someone else enjoy the little car we nicknamed “June”. I have attached several photos taken today. There is also a link to a YouTube video that shows my son and I driving the car today.

Priced at $6,500. Buyer must arrange for shipping.

Thanks for your interest. Serious inquiries only. Please PM with interest.

Mike Hanson
Kingwood, Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:54 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Link to YouTube video (hope this works...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0AVBaKZEo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

This is not a 23- it has a high cowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

It runs, it drives, it stops. Good price. You should have no trouble selling it. thanks for the ride !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

Doesn't matter. Looks and sounds like a decent car for the money.

Someone will enter the hobby and will likely be very happy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:27 pm:

Tim Rogers,

June of 1923, Henry changed to the High Cowl, Radiator and Hood while still producing 1923 models.

according to the book Model T Ford by Bruce McCalley page 308

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 01:58 pm:

Price drop...Now $5,500.

Very good deal at this price. Pick-up in Kingwood, Texas.

If interested, please send me an email me at drpepper1885[at]suddenlink.net.

Thank you,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

Pm , Mike I’ll give you a call.. joh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 04:49 pm:

Good buy for someone...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:54 pm:

Vehicle is sold and headed east to the great state of Mississippi! Thanks John T!

Thanks MTFCA.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration