For Sale: Single sump engine pan for racing engines, speedsters, etc set up for pressurized oiling

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: Single sump engine pan for racing engines, speedsters, etc set up for pressurized oiling
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ggz on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 11:32 pm:

This is a really neat old piece.I assume it was made by modifying a stock engine pan but it looks REALLY professionally done and was certainly done during the Model T period. This engine pan was made for a racing Model T engine that used a non-stock transmission assembly. it has dams to seal the main bearings with rope seals on the front and rear. It is drilled and plumbed for pressurized oiling. The oil fill assembly is a period, production racing piece has a neat hinged cap/oil fill assembly and the entire oil filler assembly is cast aluminum. This was not made yesterday, but was made during the T era by or for someone that was building a serious race car engine. It could be a production piece because it just looks to good to be homemade. It is in nice, original greasy condition having just been removed from long term storage from a well known vintage race car collector. This pan fits the standard Model T block perfectly as shown in the photos. It could also be used for a Model T aircraft or boat engine.

THIS IS JUST THE CRANKCASE/PAN, the 1916 stock block is not included but I have it listed for sale separately.

This unit would work great with one of the pressurized oil pumps I have listed for sale separately.

The price is 225.00 INCLUDING shipping in the USA. I accept PayPal for payment. Please email directly at: motoringiconsAThotmail.com (replace AT with @) or call 734-730-4274. I DO NOT CHECK PMs. Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration