For Sale: New Rocky Mtn. Brake Pedal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: New Rocky Mtn. Brake Pedal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 11:24 am:

Anyone need a new pedal ? $130 including flat rate mail. Drop me a note through this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 11:37 am:

Certainly Steve you know Rocky Mountain never made a brake pedal! This is a repro, that Jack Sunderlin patterned off a Bennett pedal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 01:18 pm:

Thanks Larry - I do have an original Bennett pedal & I'll look but I thought I had a '26 - '27 Rocky Mtn. pedal ?

This was an excess part from a job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 12:05 am:

While weíre on the subject, didnít the original aftermarket brake pedal set-up simply have a metal collar that bolted around the pedal shaft?

I was just wondering why people, or some supplier, hasnít re-created that?

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 12:15 am:

The collar worked on the pull forward for cable brakes. The modern Rocky Mtn and Bennett type worked on the push back for rod brakes with the tab that stuck down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 04:39 am:

Slightly OT, Is someone making repro Bennett brake components for the TT ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:49 am:

I looked for years for the collar (clamp), that goes around the brake pedal, and finally found one. A very good friend of mine made me two extras. Mark is correct in that real Rocky Mountain brakes are cable operated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 11:31 am:

Larry,
So if I install RM brakes, and use the older cable set-up then this collar-type clamp will work? Have you installed it and tested it yet?

Thanks
Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration