Misc parts some early

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Misc parts some early
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

New ad on the Ford Barn for some parts with pics and prices There are some early parts like a excellent lettered pedal, drivers side firewall bracket, ribbed pedal, 1915-16 hood former

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 11:56 pm:

Too bad I haven't looked at Ford Barn for years. The last several times I tried? My "not quite a real DSL" connection was too slow, and I couldn't load, view, sign up, or anything. So it has been a few years now since I tried them.
You still think the mtfca should upgrade?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 10:23 am:

Same thing here Wayne, its a waste of time for me to even try to find things like this cause even if it loads I still can't find it and I am looking for early parts for 3 cars right now. I will just keep looking and the parts will show up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Thank you Bob McD.
I should (and will) start out here by saying that I appreciate Warren W posting the heads up here, for those that CAN check Ford Barn. But it is extremely frustrating to me. One thing I am NOT is a "technophobe", nor a Luddite. I worked most of my adult life with cutting edge technology. My fingerprints are all over the foundations of the internet or world-wide-web. Part of my problem is that I worked with those people for too many years and wound up hating them! "Hate" is a word I do not use freely.
I personally helped design and build some of the modern pre-internet LANs. I personally myself designed and built the test platform used by an R&D company to test and perfect some of the technology that today makes internet-on-cable possible. While my work was with the hardware, and the systems that make the internet POSSIBLE, I had to work with those on the software side also.

There are a number of websites I visit often, that do have more modern upgraded programming. I have no trouble with the AACA site. And the Early Ford Registry site as well as Royce P's Model T Ford Fix site work fine also. So I know that it is possible to have a newer program set up and actually work in the real world. Although most of the HAMB is stuff I have zero interest in? They did have some really great and long running threads about racing history. A tremendous amount of information compiled by people passionate about the subject. But a couple years ago, they upgraded their newer type program to something "even better". I haven't been able to read anything there since. Quite often, posters on our forum post links to something of interest. Sites I have not seen before. And about half the times I try them? I cannot see them. And then there is the MTFCI forum? Oh yeah, they don't have one anymore. Because they had someone upgrade their site, and they destroyed what they had instead.
So there is a huge amount of information out there that is not available to a significant portion of the real world. I worked as an engineer (trained, but no degrees on the wall), and we had as our goal to make things WORK in the real world. However, the software side, the "gamers", they don't live in the real world. And they only care about numbers, and their "game", not whether it really works in that other place. Whether a "modern" site can work in the real world or not depends on who sets it up. There are good software people out there. But I don't know how to help find them anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 09:43 am:

Speaking of linking to other links, what I hate is those that post photos on Facebook and link to their posts here. I refuse to sign up for that site. With all the trolling they do to get your personal information then sell it to anyone willing to pay those greedy b#$%ards I'm not willing to ad to their coffers.

I do think it might be time to look into making it easier to post photos( the biggest complaint here), the system used here is antiquated and nearly impossible to navigate. I realize it is a huge amount of work to maintain this site and our webmaster does an outstanding job. I applaud him for his hard work and dedication on our behalf, but here is a thought,

I would be willing to kick in money to get this done, how about a 1 time surcharge for all users to hire someone with the knowledge and time to modernize our site? make posting photos as easy as it is on most other automotive sites I visit, make it easier to bold face type, make it easier to edit and delete, just standard site operating procedures.

Don't shoot the messenger just offering some thoughts and ways to help our incredible site modernize. If we all kicked in a one time surcharge of say $20.00 we could get it done. I have talked to our corporate IT web site guy, he said easy to do and not really a big expense,no he is not looking for work nor have the time.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration