WTB 1909/10 front axel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 1909/10 front axel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 09:39 am:

Need a front axel for my 1909 touring. I have spindles, just need the axel. I have pre 1912 parts to trade. Any leads appreciated.
Thanks Michael Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 07:31 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long Western Australia on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 11:50 pm:

Hi Paul
I have an axle but no spindles but in Western Australia!
What 1910 parts do you have?
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 08:39 am:

Hi Alan, I have an 09 steering column, I'm not sure if it's same as 1910, and a set of 466 headlights, not sure if they are repo or original. I can dig them out and let you know. Also an 09 repo open valve block.

Also have an 09 REO 2cly touring project I might sell to fund my 09 Ford project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 10:35 am:

I've actually found a couple axels over the last year, but both turned out to be repos, or reworks. I understand someone was casting the outer ends and welding them on to later axels. The first was one of these cast end models, the other was cutting and welding a later axel to look early. Both seem way to risky to me. I've even thought about casting a new axel, but there again you're at the mercy of the foundry's quality. The best repo route is CNC milling out of a bilet, that's alot of time, and can you imagine the pile of chips! I wonder, were the 09/10 axels vanadium steel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long Western Australia on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 05:37 am:

Hi Michael
I have replied in a PM to you regarding the 1910
Wasn't aware of the repo's but they do sound dangerous.
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 07:14 am:

Yes made from vanadium steel and yes the repo's are known to break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 10:29 am:

Hello Frank, thanks for posting the photo. I'm glad I passed on the welded end axel for sure now.

Axels wheels tires and brakes are nothing to gamble with. Along with all of the supporting components.

An original will show up sooner or later.
Michael Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

Do a search on the welded axle. There was quite a discussion on it a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

Hi Michael I have a front axle give me a call I would be interested in a trade of some sort Randy Morse 509 236 2393 zip 99008.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration