WTB 21" Five Lug Rims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 21" Five Lug Rims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 07:17 pm:

Looking for a set of 21" Five Lug accessory rims. I believe they were made by Firestone.

Thank You,
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 08:11 pm:

Do you mean 23" for 30x3 1/2 tires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

Hello Layden,
Looking for the Five Lug Rims that take a 4.40-4.50 21" tire.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Can you post a picture?
For wood or disc wheels?
Are the lugs attached to the rim or loose?
Any help would be useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 03:05 pm:

Attached are some photos of the wheels. They are disc wheels and it is my understanding after talking to Tim Moore in Michigan that they were produced by Firestone. They have a spacer plate that is the same thickness as the spokes on a Model T wheel and were designed to simply bolt your original Model T hubs to them. I also spoke with Joe Bell who at one time had the rims for these and it is my understanding that the lugs are attached to the rims.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 03:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 10:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 11:08 am:

Larry,Man those are gorgeous wheels. They look sort of like the type that take a full ring rather than lugs or wedges,Tuarc and Hayes,probably others made that style. I have one 21" rim that is drop center,does not have a split,no bolt holes or lugs but I can't picture it working on these wheels. I'm still looking tho as I have time and see if I have anything else to offer. Your wheels definitely need to be completed and put on a car. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 05:04 pm:

Thank You Steve,
I appreciate it.
I May eventually have to go with new rims but will keep looking for now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 01:03 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration