Question about T engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Question about T engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By S Terry Woods on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

I know this isn't the right place for this but I didn't see anyplace better. I know nothing about Model Ts, I have As, but am looking to make a T panel delivery out of a good frame and a Babcock type body from Maine.

My question, in looking at pictures of Ts for sale sometimes there is a "pan" next to the engine on either side that goes between the block and the car frame, but sometimes you can see through to the ground. What is the difference

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

S Terry,

You might get a better response to your question if you post it in the FORUM instead of the CLASSIFIEDS For Sale section.

Good Luck,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 09:16 pm:

S Terry, They are called I believe engine pans and were put on at the factory when first built but most were removed sometime in their lifetime to make it easier to work on the engine. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By S Terry Woods on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

Terry Miller, your are correct, I just did that. Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration