U&J Carb and Intake

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: U&J Carb and Intake
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Brown on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:13 am:

Fresh from the farm. Looks complete, choke and throttle shafts both free. Comes with intake and linkage as pictured. $500
uj1
uj2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 11:08 am:

Ill take the free choke and throttle shafts. P.M. me for my shipping address!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Brown on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 11:38 am:

Ill take the free choke and throttle shafts. P.M. me for my shipping address!

No problem but you might not be happy with the $500 handling fee :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

That reminds me of a dear Shriner friend, now departed, that made me a small bracket for my Shrine Motor Patrol Cushman. The invoice, when delivered with the bracket, showed the cost of the metal to be about 10 cents. With the added cost of "research, design, fabrication, painting, delivery, and assorted other costs", the bill had grown to several hundred dollars. We, and others, had a good laugh. Miss that guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Brown on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 12:46 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 08:58 am:

An old joke, but apropos as a follow up to Tim's posting:
A large factory was dependent upon a certain huge machine that ground out parts by the hundreds per minute. One day, it stopped working, costing the company thousands of dollars in idle time and non-production. Nobody in the plant knew how to fix the machine, so the plant manager looked in the phonebook and found the only repair man in town who specialized in this type of equipment. The mechanic was called and showed up shortly to begin the repair.
He carried a small bag instead of the expected huge tool kit. The manager explained the problem and stressed that he should get the machine running as soon as possible because it was costing the company huge sums of money every minute it sat idle. The mechanic climbed on top of the huge machine with his tool bag, took out a tape measure and measured from one corner of the machine diagonally to the opposite corner. He drew a short line in the middle of the distance. Then he did the same to the other corners, crossing the line he had drawn to now form an "x". He then took out a large hammer and whacked once right in the middle of the "x". The machine instantly sprung to life and began spitting out product again.
The manager was beside himself with joy and enthusiastically shook the mechanic's hand, thanking him profusely. The mechanic then told the plant manager that the repair would cost him $50,000. The manager blanched, stammered a few unintelligible words and after recovering from his shock, demanded an itemized bill from the mechanic to justify such a high repair bill. After all, the mechanic had only worked on the machine for less than two minutes! The mechanic took a piece of paper out of his tool bag and scribbled a couple lines, handing it to the manager. The note read: "Itemized Repair Bill - One hammer whack, 50 cents. Knowing WHERE to whack, $49,999.50".

Marshall

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration