FS 1914 Roadster…..Kansas car, older restoration/complete, $12,900, 20 photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1914 Roadster…..Kansas car, older restoration/complete, $12,900, 20 photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Noller on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 01:54 pm:

Fellow Model T’ers. I purchased this car, as is, 10 years ago and drove it a few times around the neighborhood. All restoration work was done by the previous owner, except I added 4 coils by “Ron the Coil Man” and a new timer.

I bought it mainly to preserve it and honestly do not have the mechanical skills to maintain it. I’m at that age in my life where it is time to “thin the heard” from a dozen or so to just a few. The car has been tagged, insured and taxed every year and stored in a heated garage while in my possession.

There are many new parts on this car as you will see in the pictures. The motor and drive train have all been overhauled. The motor is tight and runs smooth. The motor VIN # stamped in the block is 619029, the block number embossed on the side of the block is 102014. It has E&J 656 Ford head lamps and matching E&J side lamps. One side lamp is missing a round lens, and the other has a cracked lens. The top windshield has a 6 inch crack, see last picture.

In my opinion the worst thing about this car is the paint job, the second worst is the cracked glass. It also has some fan blade damage on the inside of the radiator, not done by me, but the radiator holds water and the car is driveable.

I’ve wanted a car like this since I saw the Stynoski Award winner on the cover of the September 1993 Model T Times.

If you would like to purchase I would ask that the car be picked up, I have no means to transport, before October 15, before I return to Phoenix for the winter.

My name is “larrynoller” email: “myname”@cox.net Cell: 000000620-255-6564 Please leave a message. We all get robo calls. If you do not leave a message I won’t return your call. Thank You for your consideration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 02:38 pm:

Wow, nice car! Eng. serial is Nov. 3, 1914, falls right in line with the casting date. This one shouldn't last long. I'd be tempted, but....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

That is a nice one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hemann on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 06:44 pm:

I'm interested. I'll give you a call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

Beautiful car, I wish I was closer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 07:13 pm:

Larry, that is an outstanding presentation you have posted. There is not a lot more anyone could ask.
A beautiful car, well presented and at a very reasonable price

What more could we ask for?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

I agree. Presentation is everything
Someone wrote to me with a 1923 franklin for sale but he doesnt like the internet and can’t do photographs. what he sent was atrocious.
I recommended a dealer he should contact to help him.
You’d think that in 2018 taking a good photo shouldn’t be a big deal but man ..,,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 09:03 pm:

I agree about the photos..but..I take mine in high resolution..most are 2MB or larger, I shrink 'em down to fit the forum...then they reproduce here like crap, at least for me. I've seen quite a few other similar posts. Yet in email or anywhere else, they're as sharp as a tack, whether the original hi-res or the shrunken pics. Wonder if anyone has an idea as to why that is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Noller on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 10:54 pm:

There must be two of us I guess. I did not post this thread. Don't know a thing about this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 01:01 am:

Really you didn’t post this. It did seem to good to be true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith McGowan - Puyallup, Wa. on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 02:21 am:

It appears there are two Larry Nollers registered with the MTFCA. One in Kansas City with a 1914 roadster and one in Pomona, Missouri without a 1914. The one with a 1914 roadster registered in 2012 and has posted 3 times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Noller on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 10:47 am:

I'm the Larry Noller that lives in Dodge City Kansas, not Kansas City. This is my car and I did make this post. The ad is legitimate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 11:14 am:

There is a phone number to contact if you have questions about the car - that is - assuming you have a serious interest in possibly actually purchasing it rather than criticizing it.

If you don’ have anything POSITIVE to contribute - don’t post.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 03:56 pm:

Did I miss something? I didn't see anyone "criticizing" the car that is offered for sale. Quite the opposite; every comment about the car was very positive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 04:31 pm:

If I had the room. It would be in my garage this weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 08:09 pm:

FJ. Are you gonna be anywhere close to the area where this car is located soon..?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 08:11 pm:

Steve,

Car is tentatively sold.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 08:27 pm:

FJ Thanks, I’m still talking to Mr. Noller so we’ll see which way it goes. If it’s sold Great buy for someone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Noller on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

SOLD. Thanks to all the people who responded to the ad, from Delaware to Texas, caller #6 of 11 will be taking this car back to Southern Michigan by Freighter Jim on Wednesday. I wish I could have pleased you all. This is a great site and I will be making a monetary contribution to keep it going. I hope you all find your dream car one day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 05:25 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By S Terry Woods on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 12:02 am:

Can you say what it sold for? I’m looking for a 1914 only because my house was built in 1914 and I love consistency.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration