Wanted 1 right hand 1912 running board

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted 1 right hand 1912 running board
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 02:45 pm:

I am looking for an original right hand running board in good shape as I have worn out the one on the car, for my 1912 touring Thanks Colin email cmavins@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

Colin...I don't have one, but in the case of my '12 Touring I recently purchased, it too is "worn out"...several of the diamonds have worn through completely...these really tell the story. I cleaned it up, painted it, and slapped it back on the car! Just sayin', and wondering just how bad yours is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 12:02 pm:

Colin - what determines left or right on that year board ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 03:53 pm:

The Ford script is turned lengthwise. Since the running board has a front and back due to bolt hole placement, and the script is meant to face out on both sides, the running boards have a right and left. A one year only feature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 01:10 pm:

Colin, I will take a picture tonight, might I have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

i have one very heavy some cracks to fix, you know can reverse side to side buy cutting corners off and welding the back on the other end. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 03:49 pm:

Charlie S, I would do that (thought about it a few times too). But then again, I would would weld up the worn through bumps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

Hello Im back from the north right and left is determined by the bolt spacing between the fender bolts and the bracket bolts. the bottom row of diamonds 3 between the holes on the front only 2 diamonds between the holes at the rear. I discovered the holes in the diamonds when we were fixing the broken crank Dad and I fixed it up and put it back on, when this board came up on ebay I was going to buy it as a spare but it is different,mine has very close diamonds. We have been using our 12 since 1960 and Im afraid we are wearing it out. the photo is the one on ebay it is a right side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

Colin,

I take it this is an original car and you are not wanting to change the patina? If so the holes could be welded up using copper as a backing and another piece of light weight copper on the top cut out as the diamonds to be repaired. Welding with a TIG at a low setting and wire gauge until built up to a rough shape. Taking a sander (not a grinder) wheel at a fine grit until shape is roughly close. Stepping to a 3M style abrasion wheel in varies grits until the diamonds are there. You can match the patina through the winter with vinegar, salt and other general house hold items. Just some ideas and trying to help.

All the Best,

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

hello Hank yes it is an original car it has been painted and yes we repaired the running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 08:24 pm:

Thanks Colin - I'll go see which side I have.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration