Only 3 Full Flow NH float valves left from production run

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Only 3 Full Flow NH float valves left from production run
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

Am waiting to hear from last 2 folks who pre-ordered...

that said, assuming all pre-orders sell, there are 3 remaining valves for sale right now. Response was good, but it will be a few weeks at a minimum before any more will be available.

They are $25 each, plus $7 postage

Please PM if interested. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 04:56 pm:

Can you post a link to the original post/classified ad to see if I responded. I can't remember. Long, hot summer full of drama. I might be one of the MIA's.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 05:33 pm:

Marshal

I don't have a record of your inquiry...sorry.

I will be doing another run of these things and will be happy to put you on the list, but ask that you send me a PM so that I can file it on my email.

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 05:35 pm:

All sold out.

Will run ad again when available.

PM me to get on waiting list...should have more in a few weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 06:59 pm:

Scott I was on your list. Ha e not herd from you. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 07:09 pm:

Don

You are right. I just found the email. I have sent you a PM

regards,

scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 07:12 pm:

What makes these “high flow”?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 07:31 pm:

Adam

the original valves from Holley had an orifice of .125" and a flow path past the needle which matched the orifice area.

the standard replacement valve by the same P/N from vendors has a considerably smaller opening, restricted flow path, and smaller caliper valve body. If you remember your geometry, at these sizes, it doesn't take much of a reduction in diameter from .125 to greatly reduce the area that the fuel must flow through. Additionally, the original had a triangular cross section needle. The needles available today are square...another restriction.

I modify these valves to the correct orifice size and eliminate the restriction past the needle. For folks wishing to pull long hills or have engines tuned beyond what Ford intended, the existing standard replacement valve can starve the carb of fuel. This valve remedies the starvation issue. The added benefit is that this valve not only flows like the original, the viton tip which seals very well.

If all you do (not saying "you" specifically) is take the grandkids for ice cream downtown, or just putter around, then there may be no need for this product in that particular car.

I hope this answers your question.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration