FOR SALE: EXCELLENT OPEN EXPRESS TRUCK, $5,750.00

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE: EXCELLENT OPEN EXPRESS TRUCK, $5,750.00
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 05:16 pm:

Hello Folks,
Somebody is going to get a great deal on an open express truck! My wife and I moved to Tennessee and are working on our retirement home. With limited space (more toys than space!), we have decided to sell our real fun open express truck. I listed it here at an excellent price with hopes that it goes to a good home and someone in our T family gets to enjoy it next. Lord knows, my wife and I sure have!

It is a true barn find and I pulled it out of a dry barn a couple years ago where it sat for decades. I will call it a "BITSA" truck for the model T purest folks. It is a 23 model with a 23 engine, 26 hogs head and I got it titled as a 26, thus it is titled as a 26. It has an awesome looking original steel cowl and matching period correct dark green painted wooden bed that was built many-many years ago. I am 6'-3" and weigh 260 LBS and I can tell you that this is a comfortable rig for the big guys to drive.

Since purchasing it, I have done the following:
New replacement gas tank, new brass shut-off bulb, new fuel line, new brass shut-off valve at carb, new wiring, re-built ignition switch, replaced timer, Coil Doctor coils, new Champion X plugs & wires, re-built Holley NH carb from Snyder's, flushed block & radiator, new hose and clamps, new battery and cables, adjusted the bands and I performed all the maintenance items I could think of to ensure it is dependable. I also pulled the inspection cover on the pan after I got it home and discovered that the engine had obviously been re-built at some time in the past, as everything looked fresh and there was zero sludge in the pan. It also has the external oil line kit installed. Finally, I also had the seat and seat-back professionally re-covered and it has an excellent rubber mat.

The truck starts easily, runs nicely on battery or magneto, idles quietly and smooth as a kitten, has excellent power and runs cool without a water pump, they way they are supposed to. It stops nice, steers nice and tracks nice. I never pulled the rear axle apart because it is tight and very quiet cruising down the road. We have driven it on the road to several local car shows within 20 miles and it is a pleasure to drive down the road at 35 MPH. The wood spoke wheels are in good shape to my knowledge and the Wards Riverside tires have excellent tread with some age cracking in the side walls, but not enough that it concerned me. It also has a properly mounted side spare tire with a matching Wards Riverside tire and a very nice period correct running board tool box. The body has a very old black paint job that looks aged as it might be original paint (it's not) and has that perfect amount of dings and patina that everyone seems to be looking for. It has won first place-hands down at every show we have entered it in for original and or old truck classes and we constantly have folks stopping us to see it, ask questions, wave or take a picture with it.

You guys already know what it costs to buy a good solid T and then spend all the money that has been spent on this one in order to get it to drive properly and be dependable. That said, I have it priced at a great value of $5,750.00 cash. The first guy with the cash gets it. I have a clear Tennessee title in my name that matches the engine block serial number. The truck is located in Gainesboro, Tennessee, which is in the upper Cumberland. I can not post pictures, so if you are interested, please call, text or email me I will provide you with several detailed photos upon request. Somebody is going to get a great deal and end up with a T truck that they can immediately jump in and drive and enjoy without having to work on it first. At this price, you can buy it, drive it, enjoy it and when you are ready to pass it along to the next guy, you won't lose a penny. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Rick Rice
Cell (330)714-8151
Email rickrice04@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

I have had a handful of guys that I sent detailed photos to tonight. If anyone who I sent photos to can post them on the site for everyone else to see, please feel free to go ahead. Again, if anyone has questions, please give me a ring, text or email. Somebody is going to be very happy with this truck.

Kind Regards,

Rick Rice
(330)714-8151
rickrice04@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 07:09 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 01:00 pm:

Guys,
Thanks for all the interest and positive communication. If one of the guys that I emailed the photos to has the ability to post them on the site, it would be much appreciated so everyone can see them. Again, this truck runs an drives excellent and somebody will be very happy with it.

Kind Regards,
Rick Rice
(330)714-8151
rickrice04@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 01:54 pm:

Rick. first attempt at resizing photo.

application/pdf1926 open Express
2514-17-01-00.pdf (135.2 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

Sorry first attempt at resizing was a wash wrong file and I cant figure out how to cancel it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 02:29 pm:

open express

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 02:30 pm:

Guys,
I appreciate your help!
Rick Rice
(330)714-8151

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 02:38 pm:

Photo can be reduced to normal size by holding control "Ctrl" key and tap - key about 8 times or so to get to the proper size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

Here are a few more
T1
T2
T3
T4
T5
T6
T7
T8
T9

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 02:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 06:10 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 07:15 am:

I sent photos to at least 20 folks and figured it was going to have a new home the first day. Guys, am I asking too much?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

Rick, just give folks some time to "cogitate."

You have a pretty neat T. I am partial to the open expresses.

Forum members have seen just about everything. 20 inquiries is a pretty good start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

Wish I had room or time.. neat truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 03:36 am:

Looks like a sweet truck to me. No idea about the price, but doesn't seem too far out of line to me. JMHO. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 10:26 pm:

The truck is sold and going to a great home in Texas!
Thanks to MTFCA!

Kind Regards,

Rick Rice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

Open Express is coming to Tomball. From Gainesboro,TN via "Bill's Auto Works" looking forward to getting My New Toy. Its true they multiply. Got My first one last October. Rick Rice has gone through it from front to back and I should be good to go for the Texas T Party October 10-13 If Bills Mule doesn't go lame on the trip down. May haft to invest in some good rain gear being a open express and October Texas Weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 12:11 am:

Glad you have it sold, I think the price was just right for around here in Colorado.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 08:51 am:

Seems like a fun little truck. I had an open express for a while and really enjoyed it when it wasn't raining!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

John. I bet it was a great fishing truck down on the Bayou. Haul a lot of crawfish and oysters. Maybe a Gator or two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 03:50 pm:

Bed was too short---tails would drag!!!! It really was fun to drive. If it had looked as nice as this one I would have kept it. Hope you enjoy it and it serves you well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Labor day weekend. Getting the T-Barn ready for My New to Me Open Express. Being delivered by Bill Squires in a enclosed Trailer.
"Hail Storms No Problem"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 02:53 am:

Model T Open Express delivered Sept 19th by Bill Squires."Bill's Auto works". He told Me on Sept 27th He would deliver the Express on Sept 19th And He did right on schedule. No Hassle, No Problems, No spin the wheel scheduling.There are a lot of car transporter that will promise You fast delivery but then something keeps coming up causing delay after delay. They deliver eventually sometimes faster sometimes not. But I hate Drama and would rather wait a week or two longer and have the vehicle delivered when promised.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 02:57 am:

Correction! Bill Squires Told Me on Aug 27th not Sept 27th He would deliver on Sept 19th. Sorry! Time machine malfunction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 08:56 am:

Great looking little truck!! It has just the right look and I'm sure it will be lots of fun. Enjoy!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration